Can you believe it? Happy Last Friday of 2013!!!! Seriously, so crazy this year is coming to end.
As you saw in my 2013 Goals , I definitely feel like I accomplished a lot. However, being some who always strives for more and is never satisfied (working on it, I know that’s not a good thing), I have set the bar even hire for 2014. So, lets jump into it!
- Run a marathon – If I start this Monday and follow this plan , I could at least train the 16 out of the 18 weeks before running my alma mater’s marathon on April 13th! I know I know I have never even done a half before, but I have ran 13.2 miles before. According to Hal Higdon, if you can run 16 miles….you can run a marathon. I am only 2.8 miles from that. I can do it, but I am just hesitant because last year around this time I tried training for a half and got shins splints from treadmill winter training to pavement spring training and couldn’t be better in time.
Welp guess I have 2 days to figure it out.
- Become a group fitness or body pump or rpm or spinning instructor – Still researching this one to determine which certification would be most useful / fun / money making to do part-time with my full time job and part time grad school work. I’m thinking RPM and Body pump because you are sponsored by a gym and most likely allowed to get a job straight after where as group fit and spinning most gyms want experience + cert before they will hire you. I’ll get those after I work with Les Mills. 🙂
- Host a full on dinner party- Yes, I am talking apps, dinner, dessert, drinks the whole deal. With all homemade recipes by me and of course all healthy and clean! I made half of christmas dinner this year and loved the feeling of my dad and grandpa who hate healthy food going back for seconds of my balsamic Brussels sprouts, vegan carrot cake, paleo blueberry french toast casserole, and paleo cookies.
- Take a vacation – Where? Don’t know…. When? Couldn’t tell ya. But its been 2 years and I didn’t do anything for myself after graduating college / getting my first job and deserve it. Ill keep looking at the groupon deals 🙂
- Bring the abs back – If I don’t do the marathon, I am going to focus on less cardio and more lifting to see how my body changes. I’ve never been able to stray away from long cardio sessions, and I would love to see how my body changes and if its true that you do not need all the cardio to achieve the body image you want.
- Try something new – I am in a new city and want to find friends that have common interest as me! Maybe a cooking club? Maybe a wine tasting club? Who knows, but I am determined to go out of my comfort zone.
- Become closer to my mom – During my college years, I strayed away from my mom. It was hard because she worked during the day and I worked at nights so we never had time to talk when I needed to and my dad always had his phone on him at work so he was easier to reach. Later in the year when we both worked during the day, I talked to my mom more. We have become so much closer since I moved offically away from her and she has truly become one of my best friends. I am looking forward to spending more time with her and trying new things we both love to do. Hello wine country :)!
- Stress less, be happy more – I really want to stop taking everything so seriously and learn to laugh off my stress. Life is too short to be stressed out all the time.
- Find nice
richboy who loves to cook, workout, have fun without all the excess drinking like most post-grads do, and is serious about their life professionally and socially – Lol YEAH right, but it would be nice to start dating again….
- Go back to school – Yes I am starting grad school this January, but it is just general classes because I am not sure what I want to do. I know I have passions in dietetics, nutrition, fitness, and health / business and unfortunately that major doesn’t come into one. I need to pick a focus and consider my options. Almost all would require me to attend school full time (especially If I am thinking RD). I really miss school…and I am only 21. I can work my whole life, but I don’t think I have the full option to go to school my whole life. Espically, if I continue my career life or even start a family with out more tie downs being in the way.
Okay okay I’ll stop there!
Cause I am sure if I sat here for another 2 hours I would have a list of 100 things.
What are your 2014 goals? Have you though of them yet? DO you want to do something then the traditional eat better / lose weight?